For the people who were curious about the meaning behind my tattoo !
When my sister Danielle was 6 she was diagnosed with a cancer called Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia which attacks the blood cells. After two years of chemotherapy and when she was in the recovery stage her, my little brother and I were asked to attend a camp called Camp Ronald McDonald For Good Times. This is a special camp only for kids with cancer and their siblings. I attended camp from when I was 7 until 18, last summer being my final summer there.
I could go on and on what camp has done to my life but I’ll try to sum it up for you. I grew up there, being surrounded by kids who were fighting a disease that was killing them. It has given me perspective, understanding, compassion, a true free spirit to be whoever I wanted to be. I’m outgoing because of camp, I’m loud and crazy and not afraid to BE MYSELF ! It’s my home, the place I feel most comfortable and happy, surrounded by people who have went through and are going through the same struggles my family faced when my sister was diagnosed. Its a community. Surrounded by beautiful trees in the most gorgeous camp site ever. I love it there.
My tattoo, the outline of the three children holding hands is part of the camp logo. To me, it represents unity, courage, strength, and love. All the things I have experienced at camp. My sister has a matching one on her wrist. Along with a lot of my camp friends who have tattooed the same logo in various places on their bodies. It’s the most meaningful thing I could ever tattoo on myself.
Thank you for reading this if you did, I truly and deeply appreciate it :)
Feel free to ask more questions about it if you’re curious !
You can check out my tattoo HERE :)
Namaste, love and light <3
- callingfreckles likes this
- spacewrangler likes this
- forheadteva reblogged this from embrace-your-earth
- memories-liveon likes this
- ojjos likes this
- delusionalpetal likes this
- humannatechur likes this
- mimisaa likes this
- holymotheroflaughter likes this
- daydreamhaze likes this
- wild-hippies-everywhere likes this
- isamandy likes this
- blackmagikwomen likes this
- yeah-dd likes this
- replacedhippieblog likes this
- recovur likes this
- pesimmeapequa likes this
- embrace-your-earth reblogged this from embrace-your-earth
- papapanda420 likes this
- jellly-fishing likes this
- destinymocksus likes this
- lovegoodvibes likes this
- pandaswithmustaches likes this
- cosmic-cunnilingus likes this
- imstillyawning likes this
- socksonyourhands likes this
- you-are-the-universe likes this
- aworldofexperiences likes this
- embrace-your-earth posted this